Associate Director Marketing and Creative Services - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A170061
~~Notice of Position Vacancy
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Associate Director Marketing and Creative Services
100% Academic Professional appointment, 12 month appointment
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Principal staff member in charge of leading and overseeing the implementation of creative campaigns across all mediums. This role is focused on a leadership role in the creative process.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute and oversee all aspects of the full scope of the design process under tight deadlines for multiple projects at a time.
• Responsible for the transformation of brand objectives to create innovative solutions by providing conceptual sketches, inspiration gathering, layout design, illustration, and making revisions and refinements thru project completion.
• Facilitate engagement in a diverse range of brand marketing projects such as advertisements, catalogs, look books, packaging, digital content, corporate communications and brand identities.
• Collaborate as a part of the design team as well as partners across all sports and departments, with the goal of elevating and carrying the visual brand through to all forms of communication, including email, printed materials, packaging, and in-store displays.
• Knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field.
Minimum of one to three years professional design experience. Must work well in a collaborative, team environment. Must possess a broad understanding and passion for innovative design-preferably within athletics. Experience with package design, and an understanding of designing within a system of standards that support larger brand positioning. Must be detail oriented, and a self-motivator who can generate ideas for both independent and collaborative projects. Must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at one time. Required skills also include strong knowledge of the print process and layout skills, and the ability to work in many styles. Experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite. Must be willing to provide a portfolio.
Basic knowledge of web trends and digital technologies. Interest in photography, typography and color instincts.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
Application: To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before October 17, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, names of three references, and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Adam Marantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews may take place before closing date but no selection will be made until after the closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director Marketing and Creative Services - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700614)
Open Date: 10/03/2017
Close Date: 10/17/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics