Concurrent Enrollment Bridge Coordinator
The salary minimum for this position is $41,731.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Concurrent Enrollment Bridge Coordinator
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
The primary purpose of this position is to act as a liaison between school districts and Aims Community College with regard to Concurrent Enrollment in addition to implementing and promoting other emerging programs that bridge high school students to Aims Community College.
The position will primarily serve students, staff, faculty, and administration of schools in the Aims Community College service areas. The Concurrent Enrollment Bridge Coordinator will spend the majority of time within the districts traveling between high schools working with staff and students. This person will have the ability to work in a responsive and creative environment where new opportunities are provided to schools and students while working within the framework of Aims program and course work. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with diverse populations and to assist in finding avenues of success for all students. This person must have dexterity in working within various content areas to provide career pathways for student success.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Assist Students with the admission processes for Concurrent Enrollment. Meet with and assist students in completing application for admission forms, registration forms, financial assistance documents, information change forms and add/drop forms. Offer information such as address and location, class schedules, class dates and times, and cost for classes.
2. Assist counselors, instructors, and students with class issues/problems.
3. Coordinate with students, instructors, and school counselors to insure that course rosters, appropriate forms and documents are delivered in a timely manner (i.e. starting ending dates, class times, instructor assignments, and course costs).
4. Works with students interested in matriculating into Aims Community College though the Concurrent Enrollment program.
5. Provides professional leadership in organizing, administering, supervising, and evaluating the needs of the partnering school districts and their students as it pertains to bridge programs.
6. Will serve in the capacity of course instructor when required.
7. Process concurrent enrollment student applications and registrations. Process required documents to ensure that classes are adequately prepared prior to start of course.
8. Collaborate with Student Services (A&R, Advising, financial services, etc.) on registration paperwork and procedures.
9. Assists school district staff with Concurrent Enrollment paperwork, program integration and changes/modifications.
10. Provide and Proctor Accuplacer testing for students at the high schools.
11. Collaborate with Aims Assessment Center to ensure testing integrity and proper administration.
12. Collaborate with the testing center coordinator regarding the administration of Accuplacer or other state approved assessment(s) in the high schools.
13. Report to Academic Pathways, external clients, and to students and counselors at the school districts.
14. Provides leadership to assure correlation between Aims Community College, District, and State initiatives. May attend and report on district board meetings.
15. Participates on various committees on campus and off campus as requested. Attend other department meetings working synergistically with concurrent Enrollment/ASCENT students.
16. Attends the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board meetings.
17. Helps develop, coordinate, and monitor the bridge programs and oversees updates between school districts and Aims Community College.
18. Assist Program Director with enrollment numbers to forecast scheduling of future classes.
19. Assist the Program Directors with data for the determination of course costs, student projections and inventory projections.
20. Provides input for the annual budget.
21. Assist the Program Director in creating and maintaining of marketing materials to promote the programs.
22. Give informational presentations at the high school promoting Concurrent Enrollment and other programs.
23.Participate in promotional events (i.e. Career Day) at the college.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling, leadership or in a related field, a minimum of with 3+ years experience working with or within a high school environment with both staff and students.
Proven results in program development along with excellent public relations skills.
5+ years working with or within high school settings
Demonstrated pathway program development
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have earned degrees from outside of the United States must provide a credential evaluation of said transcript(s) as part of their application materials.
National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2362
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document