Lead Data Architect (Modeler)
Requisition # 2017-8019
Department Administrative Info Services
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 1 month ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology is seeking a Lead Data Architect (Modeler) to join its Center for Data, Analytics and Reporting (CeDAR) team. The Lead Data Architect is an industry leader-level position that directs all aspects of the design and development of data structures to support both relationally and dimensionally modeled data warehousing solutions for all university reporting and analytics needs.
The Data Architect provides domain expertise and facilitates development of knowledge and skills among existing staff and coordinates processes required for logical and physical modeling of data. The Modeler mentors staff in data modeling and will manage and coordinate technical work performed by others.
Working with other senior CeDAR staff and especially the Information Architect, the Data Architect is responsible for developing information architecture solutions that are aligned with the objectives and standards of Princeton's enterprise data management strategy, enabling optimal performance, stability, and extensibility.
The Data Architect works under the limited supervision of the Manager, Development and Operations.
- Creates logical and physical data models using Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology
- Creates high-level data solution design for Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DW) projects (conceptual model, integration model, sourcing) that align with the enterprise data strategy and translate business needs into long term information architecture solutions
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the areas of BI and DW
- Applies enterprise vision to all BI and DW technical and application projects, understanding and communicating different architectural models/strategies consistent with business strategies
- Collaborates with other OIT groups to research and recommend appropriate tools and solutions that further Princeton's enterprise data management strategy
- A proven track record as an industry leader in logical and physical data modeling concepts using Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology
- Mastery of requirements gathering and analysis processes and methodologies
- Mastery of data architecture concepts (e.g. model management, metadata management, data governance)
- Extensive experience using enterprise Data Modeling and ETL tools
- Significant experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery
- Experience developing a data strategy and working within and influencing associated policies
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in data modeling
- Proficiency in SQL
- Broad understanding of University business applications
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in related field
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.