Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-8021
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 4 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Department of Sociology at Princeton University seeks applicants to fill a full-time post-baccalaureate research assistant position. We seek a self-driven, creative thinker to help conduct research which includes interviews in New Jersey and elsewhere.
The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, depending on the schedule of the faculty and research subjects. The position will also require travel to other locations outside of New Jersey and includes the possibility of international travel. This is a three year term position with an anticipated start date of Fall 2017.
Applicants are asked to submit (1) a complete resume, (2) a cover letter of interest, and (3) name and contact information of one person who can serve as a reference. All materials are requested to be submitted as one continuous pdf document.
- Help to gather, organize, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Conduct basic research in archives and libraries
- Assist with administrative tasks and office organizational work
- Conduct interviews with study participants within the United States and possibly internationally
- BA/BS in a major such as Sociology that emphasizes social research, with a strong academic record
- Excellent communication, editing, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with evenings and weekend work as needed and the ability to travel both domestically and internationally if needed
- A background in a foreign language such as Spanish or Chinese
- Individuals with interest in applying for a graduate degree in sociology are highly preferred and encouraged to apply
- Applicants with a drivers license and car are desirable.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a three year term position
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.