Production Supervisor 2nd and 3rd shift
Production Supervisor- Mesa Foods LLC- Louisville, KY
This individual will train, direct, and hold accountable all employees within the assigned area of responsibility to the highest standards of production, quality and food safety.
- Direct and train assigned employees using Work Instructions.
- Provide and reinforce a positive work environment.
- Direct production toward desired yield, efficiency, and quality goals utilizing continuous improvement methods and ensuring that Food Quality and Safety standards are followed.
- Maintain timely administrative duties (i.e., evaluations, timecards, daily reports).
- Increase and share technical knowledge relating to the process.
- Communicate ideas, concerns, and performance effectively to all levels.
- Oversee Production Departments and maintain equipment upkeep.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Consistently enforce all plant rules and policies
- Remove obstacles that are inhibiting peak team performance
Serve as an alternate to fellow supervisors in case of absence or vacation and assume duties assigned to that position. Also may receive projects to enhance growth potential within the supervisory position. These assignments would be directed by the Plant Manager.
Internal: Will report to the Plant Manager for guidance and supervision. Will interact with all levels to ensure proper operating conditions. Will work side by side with surrounding departments.
External: May deal with outside contractors and vendors when necessary to secure their services. Must be able to communicate and extract details to resolve problems or gain necessary information.
Position Backup: Other Supervisors
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will be responsible for efficiently completing all assigned tasks and duties. Will be responsible for delivering the highest standards of production, quality and safety through continuous improvement and personal leadership.
Education: Minimum high school education necessary, but post high school education, either in a business or communications concentration preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-years experience in a manufacturing setting - preferably food manufacturing or previous experience as a supervisor. Must have a positive attitude and excellent people skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
From our early roots in the canned tomato business, Teasdale Latin Foods has evolved into a full-line producer of top quality Hispanic and Latino-inspired offerings.
For more than 70 years we have been feeding consumers just like family, and we could not be prouder of our heritage of quality as Teasdale Latin Foods. Throughout our history, we have taken great care in sourcing the best conventional and organic ingredients and, with an artisans passion, creating the highest quality foods.
Today, Teasdale Latin Foods offers a full line of conventional, organic and refried beans, hominy, salsas, hot sauce, tortillas, flatbreads, taco shells, cheese & enchilada sauces and a wide array of seasonings, peppers and mixes. Whether it is a private label, co-manufacturing or branded option, we are big enough for efficiency, but small enough that quality is not compromised.
All our products are created around a common theme: our desire to provide high quality, nutritious, on-trend foods that deliver the best in fiesta worthy flavor.
We call it Simply Especial and we live it every day.
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 14:31:21 PDT