Systems Technician II
South Jersey IT consulting company seeks a contract to perm Systems Technician II to assist with 2nd+ Level Support. Looking for an enthusiastic person who loves technology and is ready for a new challenge and opportunity. You will be responsible for providing Level 2 remote and occasional onsite support to external clients, and assume a strong role in our proactive support team for our managed services clients. Health Benefits & Bonus are available.
Only people with prior network administration and consulting experience with a "can do" attitude and excellent customer service skills should apply. Position requires strong technical skills around Windows Server and Desktop operating systems including Windows PC, Mac, Windows Server; VMware, Cisco firewalls, and backup technologies. Excellent written and oral skills, organization management and a team player mentality is a must.
The position of Systems Technician II consists of providing technical assistance to computer system users, and answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location. It also consists of providing assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, software, e-mail, operating systems and is involved in configuring and maintaining managed service computers and various software applications to maximize performance and minimize issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides onsite and remote connectivity hardware/software support. Analyzes and troubleshoots the issues. Logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems. Supports and maintains computers, printers, scanners, and IP phone hardware. Good knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Win 10, Win 8, Win7 and Mac and an understanding of Windows Servers, backup systems, active directory, DHCP, DNS, remote desktop and VPN.
Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, printer sharing, access privileges and security. Performs scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, patching operating systems and software, monitoring and maintaining computers. Good organizational skills and time management.
- Microsoft Certifications and/or a college degree in a computer-related field or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Possession of Microsoft Certifications and Network Administration Certificate is a plus.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-nature, cooperative attitude.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
Qualified applicants and serious inquiries only.
Applicants must live in New Jersey.
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 10:00:11 PDT