Sr. Electrical Engineer (Power and Control)
Job Title: Electronic Engineer - 3
Description of Job
Mixed signal, analog and digital Electrical Engineer. Work with engineering staff in the design and development of complex microprocessor based controllers and power supplies for RF amplifier products in aerospace industry. Must be able to design and lead development efforts from conception to productions. Needs strong systems level troubleshooting skill, some understanding of RF amplifiers, in-depth understanding of digital microprocessor based designs, AC/DC Power supply designs, and some C/C++ knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and qualification of new RF Amplifier Monitoring and Control hardware
- Design and qualification of AC/DC, DC/DC power supplies for RF Amplifiers
- EMI/EMC qualification support for aerospace applications
- Lead various design efforts
- Perform system verification and trouble-shooting of new products
- Support production testing and trouble-shooting needs
- Ensures that the highest quality standards are being followed throughout the design cycle
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment is maintained
- Develop RTCA/DO-254 process documentation and standard operating procedures
- Hold and attend various meetings to lead and provide effective communication
Qualifications and experience required to perform this job
- 6-10 years experience designing and supporting production efforts for aerospace products
- Responsible for making technical decisions from high-level architecture choices down to detailed designs
- Must be able to work from a product specification to produce specific circuit designs
- Capable of analyzing and designing complex AC/DC, DC/DC Power supplies, mixed signal designs
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Comfortable in coordinating with various disciplines
- Work well under pressure to meet program goals
Specific skills required to perform this job
- Proficient with use of Altium Designer for Circuit Simulation, Schematic Capture , and PCB Layout
- Understanding and experience with military and commercial Aerospace products.
- Experience with RTCA/DO-160, RTCA/DO-254, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461
Education required Years of Experience
BSEE 6-10 years min.
Duties and responsibilities can be changed at any time at management discretion.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a "U.S. Person" as defined in the ITAR, 22 CRF 120.15. A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident "Green Card holder" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a "Protected Individual" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Wavestream sets the standard in the design and manufacture of next generation high power solid state amplifiers. Wavestream family of Ka, Ku, X-band Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA) and Block Upconverters (BUC) provide systems integrators with field-proven, high performance solutions designed for mobile and fixed defense and broadcast satellite communication systems worldwide.
Wavestreams reputation for technical innovation and high standards for quality, reliability and performance has led to our continued growth and ability to offer customers leading-edge products and superior customer service to support mission-critical satellite communication systems anywhere in the world.
San Dimas, CA
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 10:30:42 PDT