Academic Advisor - School of Business
This position is responsible for providing academic advising services for the Wright School of Business students.
• Serves as primary academic and professional advisor for freshmen and sophomore business majors.
• Assists students in developing educational and career plans.
• Assists students with course selection, registration, and schedule revision.
• Monitors and tracks advisee progress.
• Maintains correspondence with advisees concerning appointments and other matters via telephone and email.
• Refers students to campus and community resources.
• Assists students with completing drop/add forms, withdrawal forms, registration, name changes, and changes in programs of study.
• Monitors student alerts to provide support for students in need of support.
• Assists students with the transfer process.
• Support faculty advisors and prepare students to transition to faculty advisors after they achieve upper division course status.
• Instruct students on the use of all scheduling and registration software, degree program requirements, and enrollment expectations necessary for the student to manage their academic progress.
•Assists business students with career development and alerting them to additional assistance on campus and in the area community.
•Coordinates the WSOB internship program gathering internship job descriptions from employers and matching appropriate students to the internship.
• Works with exchange and study abroad students to register for classes and coordinate internships.
• Attends campus and community recruitment events.
• Attends college and career fairs.
• Gives campus tours.
• Participates in new student orientation and registration activities.
• Assists students with initial scheduling and with adjustment to academic life.
• Master’s Degree in business preferred or other appropriate academic field.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Computer (MS Office) and Internet proficiency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND/OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY THEPOSITION
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Knowledge of issues and trends related to adult learners.
• Knowledge of college registration procedures.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Degree from Dalton State College in business preferred.
• Experience with business curriculum requirements.
• Background in SACS-COC and/or AACSB accreditation.
• Experience in Assurance of learning documentation.
• More than three years of related work experience preferred.
Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2017. Serious candidates should have all materials submitted by that date; however, applications will be accepted until position is filled.