Administrative Assistant II
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Administrative Assistant II
Job Number: 2018041
Location: San Marcos
Department: Advancement Services
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: 2,750 - 3,000
Job Category: Non-Exempt
• High level of computer literacy with experience in data entry, administrative support and/or bookkeeping. Experience with processing confidential information.
• Experience in a customer service role or applicable service-oriented position. Ability to listen, interpret and process information and respond with solutions.
• Experience with data entry or accounting.
• Experience following written job instructions. Demonstrated ability to pay attention to accuracy and detail. Ability to learn software and processes quickly.
• Highly organized and able to maintain a high level of productivity and quality in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment; including ability to prioritize work projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. Ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of staff and management.
• Must be adept with a PC and skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in LexisNexis, Banner, Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Software, financial database experience or similar databases.
• Ability to work from a solution driven prospective; able to recognize problems and develop detailed solutions with a plan for implementation.
• Previous work experience in fundraising support role.
• Experience with gift processing or charitable gift accounting.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Data mapping and import tool experience.
• Experience running reports within relational database application.
• Experience using Internet-based research tools.
The Advancement Services office is seeking a competent and motivated individual for entry of biographical and gift financial data into the donor database. The position is responsible for performing varied clerical accounting work involving processing, recording, analyzing and maintenance of financial data into and out of the donor database. The position is responsible for receiving, verifying and logging donations received through the mail and dropped off at our location by individuals and departments and charging credit cards through our PCI system. The position greets and assists donors, faculty/staff and visitors, assisting with giving, fund, receipts and report questions and open and closes the office daily.
• Enters and verifies gifts and pledges into the database; ensures documentation is complete and accurate. Gifts and biographical updates originate from multiple sources including but not limited to NeuLion, Ruffalo Cody, Human Resources, PaperSave and JIRA. Process and record EFTS and credit card gift payments in RE from various sources and monthly transactions.
• Analyzes gifts and assigns account numbers, campaign codes, appeal codes, solicitor codes and other required information to gifts. Uses judgment to follow up with donor or department for more information. Verify, process, balance transactions, reconcile and enter financial gifts into the system of record. Resolve discrepancies.
• Creates electronic files for gifts, pledges, agreements and other development documentation and attaches to donor database.
• Creates and updates constituent records. Participate in data clean-up projects.
• Problem-solve in determining identity matches in existing data. Perform research utilizing various search tools for the purpose of correcting or adding to existing data.
• Prepare gift reports and audit daily work for biographical updates and correct funds.
• Prepares, proofs and sends out receipts, pledge acknowledgements and pledge reminders.
• Submits payroll gift processing information to Human Resources.
• Manages the front desk and provides administrative support. Greets and assists donors, visitors and faculty/staff as appropriate. Receives and verifies donations received at the front and logs the gift. Provide customer service support to resolve customer issues for walk-ins, over the phone and through email. Open the office by 8 A.M. and close the office at 5 P.M. Receive and open mail. Distribute appropriately.
• Follow cash handling procedures and secure funds appropriately. Ensure secure transport of deposits to the Student Business Services office for processing.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date: 09/28/2017
Job Close Date: 10/12/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce