Programmer Systems Senior
The College of Education is seeking a full-time System Manager and Computer Software Engineer for its College of Education Professional Information System (CEPIS). The CEPIS system supports all UK Professional Educator Preparation programs, and also fulfills the reporting and accountability requirements of state agencies, national accreditors, and the Federal government. The CEPIS system is used by professional educator preparation program candidates, faculty, staff, and administrators for a variety of purposes.
Responsibilities include serving as system manager for the CEPIS; serving as primary software developer/analyst for CEPIS; serving as a member of various College of Education assessment, program development, and accountability teams; managing all aspects of security and data maintenance for the College of Education Student Data System; and Developing the CEPIS Reporting Services website as a tool for providing usable information for program development and accountability.
For more information regarding the position you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programmer Systems Senior
8G300:Education Teacher Educ & Cert
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Monday through Friday; 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
Data in the CEPIS system is synchronized with the data system of the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board, its primary state regulatory agency. The CEPIS system also utilizes student information from MyUK. Strongly preferred System Software for the CEPIS System Manager and Software Engineer:
1. Web technologies with proficiency in the Java, Object -oriented methodologies, Java Servlets, Java Server Pages and MySQL (or open-source MariaDB) (Strongly preferred).
2. Web applications with at least one of the popular web servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, etc. (Strongly preferred).
3. Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and JSF frameworks (Preferred).
4. Working knowledge (or ability to become proficient with) Reporting languages such as PHP, Ruby, or Ruby on Rails.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education in computer science or a programming related discipline?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of full time work as a programmer / software engineer do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter