Director of Ticket Sales/Service and Fan Development
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Director of Ticket Sales/Service and Fan Development
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Date Posted: 10/02/2017
Position Information: The Director of Ticket Sales/Service and Fan Development manages the day-to-day operations of the Athletic Ticket Office and is part of the External Operations team that partners with numerous staff members to maximize fan experience and build revenue for the department. Priority consideration given to those who apply within two weeks of posting.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
Strong skills in event and media activities management.
Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of marketing mediums and funding sources.
Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center's products and services.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Strong interpersonal skills and customer service background.
Preferred Qualifications: Five (5) years of college athletics, professional sports ticket operations experience and/or equivalent experience/training.
Proven ability to meet deadlines.
Experience with ticket analytics.
Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and FinalCut.
Knowledge of or experience with ticket sales, event management, ticketing database/software.
Experienced in social media platform usage.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview