Assistant Director of Development, College of Music Advancement Team
The College of Music at the University of Colorado Boulder is now accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Development, College of Music Advancement Team. This is a front-line fundraising position designed for someone relatively new to academic fundraising but with at least 1-3 years direct fundraising experience. It is a growth opportunity for an energetic individual who enjoys outreach activities and who would like to build his or her career in Advancement at CU Boulder.
Who we are:
Founded in 1920, the University of Colorado College of Music offers a wide range of programs for undergraduate and graduate study, uniquely combining advanced musical training with professionally oriented experiences and the rich resources of a leading research university.
The College of Music's approaching centennial in 2020 allows us to consider our history with abundant pride while looking ahead to a dynamic future. To support the initiatives outlined in the College of Music Advantage, our 10 year strategic plan, we publicly launched the music+ campaign in February 2017. With a goal of raising $50 million for the college's people and programs, this initiative will help the college strengthen its position as a leader among higher education music institutions.
The Assistant Director of Development will serve as part of the College of Music Advancement team, a passionate, collaborative, adaptable group of highly skilled professionals who elevate what is unique about music and the college's other programs and partnerships. The team members are trailblazers, creating innovative, strategic, and efficient systems that advance the campus priorities of shaping tomorrow's leaders, being the top university for innovation, and positively impacting humanity.
The College of Music Advancement Team seeks to create an organizational culture that reflects a diverse society and provides a climate for the success of every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each person brings to the workplace.
Under the supervision of a seasoned advancement professional, and with the support of a collaborative team, the Assistant Director of Development designs, directs and implements development activities for the College of Music and sometimes for other areas of arts and culture. This position focuses on donors and prospects with the capacity to give at least $10,000, with a priority on cultivating gifts of $25,000.00-75,000.00.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Work to cultivate existing and new donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing donor engagement.
- Strategically manage of a balanced prospect portfolio of approximately 100 prospects capable of making significant gifts of $10,000+. Goals relating to the number of prospect identifications, personal contacts, proposals, and other metrics will be set with and approved by management.
- Work closely with University of Colorado Boulder faculty, staff and volunteers to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies in order to meet established goals and objectives.
- Facilitate productive relationships between donors and University administrators, faculty and staff to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals, pledges and fund agreements. Document prospect strategies and contact reports, evaluate new prospects and generate stewardship reports and general correspondence to cultivate major gift prospects.
- Represent the College of Music and other programs at events in order to support the University and cultivate donors. Serve as an advocate within the University for donors, alumni and friends.
- Organize and manage multiple projects / tasks simultaneously, working both independently and collaboratively and adapting to changing priorities.
What you should know:
- The Assistant Director will be joining the team at a very exciting time, midway through the groundbreaking music+ campaign and leading up to the College of Music's 100th anniversary celebration in 2021.
- In addition to regular business hours, this position requires work during many nights and weekends, including attendance at concerts and events.
- Travel is required, both within Colorado and out of state.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $55,000-65,000.00 depending on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be creative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 1 year of successful fundraising/development experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
What you will need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and confidentially.
What we'd like you to have:
- Background in and passion for music or other area of the arts.
- Experience working in a university advancement setting.
- Success in fundraising within a university setting.
- Experience with database software such as BSR Advance.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants Box: Please apply by October 16, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applications Materials Instructions: To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11234.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Oct 2, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00739718