Salary: $48,800 - $84,400
Title: Executive Assistant
Department: VC - Business & Admin Services
Date Posted: 10/02/2017
Position Information: The Executive Assistant provides executive level coordination and support to the Vice Chancellor of Business and Administrative Services (BAS) and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Business and Administrative Services (BAS). Has full responsibility for the coordination and implementation of projects assigned by the Vice Chancellor and the Associate Vice Chancellor of BAS. Possesses political acumen in order to appropriately respond to individuals, departments or external entities. The Executive Assistant must anticipate the needs of the Vice Chancellor and Associate Vice Chancellor and, at all times, act in advance of consultation. Has a thorough understanding of BAS Leadership priorities and expectations, and takes these into account when coordinating complex schedules. Coordinates and arranges all details of meetings and provides briefings accordingly. Provides administrative support, including development and distribution of agendas, attending meetings, taking minutes and tracking action items and initiating follow up as required. Handles highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact and works on special projects requiring high level of confidentiality and precision; composes clear, grammatically correct and concise correspondence. Works closely with Office of the Vice Chancellor staff and Executive Assistants across BAS and the greater campus.
Minimum Requirements: Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies
Advising and counseling skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies; both verbally and in writing.
Strong service orientation.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge of UCR and skill in analyzing UC policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview