University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #669558 - Requisition 11311
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Financial Services has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Compliance Trainer position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Financial Services serves as stewards and collaborative leaders by providing strategic financial and business services in support of the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical campuses community and mission. The Financial Services is comprised of the Office of Grants and Contracts, Bursar, and the Finance Office. The Office of Grants and Contracts is responsible for the central administration of awards and provides service to principal investigators and administrators for the purpose of obtaining and administering extramural funds in compliance with University and sponsor guidelines. The Bursar's Office provides student account and billing information; receives payments for tuition, fees and miscellaneous campus charges; provides collection of delinquent accounts. The Finance Office is responsible for providing accounting supports; preparing financial statements; developing indirect cost proposal and negotiating with the Federal Government; developing and or facilitating business process to increase operation efficiency and control; reviewing University responses and follow-up actions on audit recommendations; providing guidance and education on financial and internal controls.
The Trainer is responsible for creating and conducting various trainings in collaboration with the campus community to serve the mission of the University with majority focus in the sponsored research activities within the Office of Grants and Contracts.
This position's responsibilities include:
- Develops a comprehensive strategy for delivering sponsored projects training as well as participate in strategy for other areas of Financial Services. Strategy would be focused on meeting departments (staff and faculty) needs to ensure adequate job knowledge and effective compliance in sponsored projects. Training should include on-line, in-person and/or other methods to communicate information required in a method acceptable and effective for our customer's education needs. Training areas include the following with a special concentration on sponsored projects:
- Sponsored Projects Post Award contract/award review
- Federal regulations on grants and contract administration
- Award close-outs
- Financial reporting and monitoring
- Sub-recipient monitoring
- Expenditure, procurement, travel oversight
- Other financial activities for unrestricted activities
- Student scholarships and other financial activities
- Focus on training for new employees in financial and sponsored project positions at the campus
- Develops online and other forms of training documentation. Maintains the training documentation/information and ensures accuracy and required updates occur timely with changing policies and procedures and adequate and comprehensive communication occurs to customers on changes.
- Collaborates within campus and across University departments and leadership to ensure that the training programs are comprehensive, coordinated when applicable, current and accessible.
- Collaborates with campus training working group to develop and implement sponsored project training and/or
- Works with Financial Services employees when needed on policies and procedures updates and implementations and communication.
- Works with Financial Services units to provide communication to campus customers and contributes ideas for items to communicate as well as methods to communicate to ensure effectiveness and excellent customer service.
- Serves as liaison for Financial Services training with other campuses and President's office. Work with other units to keep current on effective training design and methodology.
- Assists in change management efforts within Financial Services to help ensure that changes are appropriately communicated and training provided to assist with an effective implementation for our customers.
- Networks with other institutions, professional organizations to ensure information is kept up to date.
- Develops evaluation methodology to ensure the training effectiveness in meeting the customers and University needs.
- Tracks metrics on training programs to assist in the evaluation of the campus needs, culture, effectiveness and overall compliance environment.
- Provides excellent customer service to campus customers as well as internal co-workers within Financial Services.
- Assists with development of new employee orientation for new employees within Financial Services.
- Performs special projects as required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with training development and presentation/instruction.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- At least three years of experience working in a compliance environment and training/documentation.
- Experience at an institution of higher education.
- Experience with sponsored projects especially post award administration.
- PeopleSoft Grants Modules experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to effectively generate a variety of presentation materials for training purposes.
- Ability to successfully work with diverse group of individuals in a professional manner encouraging a collaborative approach and work environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sara Esau, email@example.com
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by October 15, 2017. Those who do not apply by October 15th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60010 - ADM-AVCFA Administration
Posting Date: Oct 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sara Esau
Posting Contact Email: Sara.Esau@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00669558