Student Services Assistant (AAII)
The Graduate School is now accepting applications for a Student Services Assistant. This position provides front line support and coverage to the Graduate Student Services office. Provides customer service, information and assistance to students, staff, and faculty. Responsible for data entry, filing and records maintenance, mailings, etc. Provide office support for Graduate School staff in planning logistics for meetings and events. The position reviews and processes student degree plans, electronic theses, processes other paperwork, assists with ad hoc projects to check student and instructor information, and provides support to distance education students and processes as needed.
Who we are:
The Graduate School serves as the intellectual crossroads of the university, a place where we work to educate the next generation of teachers, scholars and researchers and to develop the fields of knowledge and research within which those leaders will pursue their work.
Over 5,000 graduate students from around the world come to CU Boulder to work in over 100 programs leading to master's and doctoral degrees. We offer degrees in the full range of disciplines, and we also provide a number of opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary work, both in degree and certificate programs.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Graduate Student Services Front Line and Administrative Support
- Provide front line support and customer service to graduate students, staff and faculty, including answering phone calls, e-mails, assisting walk in visitors, etc. for both on campus and distance students.
- Provide front desk coverage.
- Provide information to constituents regarding Graduate School rules, requirements and procedures.
- Provide direction, resources and next steps to students, staff and faculty with questions and issues, referring them to staff members and other departments as necessary.
- Work closely with Assistant Dean and other Graduate School staff members to help resolve issues.
- Handle logistics for events and large meetings for the Graduate School; coordinate logistics of schedules, room reservations, catering, equipment needed etc.
- Place orders for products and services as needed for Graduate School staff and events.
Student Services Records, Processing and Paperwork
- Maintain current, updated and confidential student information for graduate students as necessary.
- Perform filing functions, both in paper and electronic/scanning formats, with student records.
- Provide data entry for student information system and internal databases.
- Assist with correspondence and notifications to be sent to graduate students, faculty and staff, including both individual student notifications and mass e-mails on behalf of Graduate School staff.
- Review and process graduate student paperwork, including assisting with concurrent/BAM, signature pages, and other paperwork as requested.
- Follow up with departments to collect required/missing paperwork for students.
- Assist the Assistant Dean and other Grad School staff with various student and administrative projects, including checking instructor, student, and completion information.
- Provide support to distance education programs as necessary, including coordinating course library processes.
Admit Students to Candidacy
- Admit graduate students to candidacy by analyzing degree plans for compliance with minimum Graduate School requirements and rules contact departmental personnel to resolve problems and bring students into compliance.
- Change doctoral students to "D" status after admitting to candidacy when appropriate.
- Make appropriate entries and changes to student databases to keep information current.
- Assist the Assistant Dean with final graduation checks/verifications as requested, including checking for missing paperwork and looking up student information.
Conformity of Theses to Specifications
- Review theses and dissertations in terms of compliance with formatting specifications.
- Notify students of errors in compliance and the corrections necessary to bring the document into compliance.
- Electronically accept final copies of theses and dissertations as partial fulfillment of the requirements for a graduate degree.
- Provide office coverage during graduation deadline times.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $33,396.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be accomplished. Be pioneering. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
Must be a Colorado Resident to apply.
Two years of full-time equivalent general clerical or administrative experience.
Thirty (30) semester hours may substitute for one year of the required experience. If using an educational substitution, a transcript or proof of degree must be submitted with your application on cu.edu/careers.
What we'd like you to have:
- Two years of customer service experience in higher education, related to student services.
- Six months of experience using CU-SIS
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 1, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11161.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10975 - Dean of the Graduate School
Posting Date: Oct 2, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 5, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Bulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00722782