Manager of Parking, Roads & Grounds Maintenance & Transportation
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Manager of Parking, Roads and Grounds Maintenance and Transportation
Position #00706322 - Requisition 11077
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Manager of Parking, Roads and Grounds Maintenance and Transportation. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position. This position is responsible for managing, monitoring, and evaluating a variety of Facilities Management/Facilities Support Services for the campuses of the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver). Areas of responsibility include Grounds and Landscape Services; Roads and Parking Lot Maintenance; Transportation.
This position is responsible to provide well maintained roads and parking lots and to ensure roads and parking lots are functioning properly, safe and in good working condition. To care for all grounds and landscaped areas of the University of Colorado at the Anschutz Medical Campus to provide a safe and attractive atmosphere for working, learning and healing. To manage and oversee the intercampus, campus circulator and light rail shuttle operation. To hire and provide training to the staff, maintain a clean, well maintained vehicle fleet, and schedule a timely and efficient shuttle system.
Note: This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $53,334.00 - $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience showing progressively responsible experience in the management and supervision of transportation and facilities support services or related activities, personnel supervisory and management responsibilities.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
• Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test.
• Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies.
- CDL Class B with a P2 endorsement
- This requires being a quick learner and flexible in job assignments, may be required to take general direction and use creativity and imagination to complete projects and develop programs in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to administer, effectively plan, organize and direct a wide variety of facilities management and support services including developing strategic plans based on changing customer needs and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in public speaking. Proficient in the application of various computer programs to enhance communication, gather key data/information, and assist in creating management decision-making tools and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with, faculty, staff, students, visitors, affiliates and representatives from external agencies or organizations.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and be inclusive in all interactions.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Extensive and comprehensive experience in scheduling work and implementing an effective quality assurance program.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Maria Portelli at Maria.Portelli@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20694 - ADM-AVCFO Parking
Posting Date: Oct 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00706322