Textbook Coordinator and Resources Coordinator
The incumbent, under the direction of the Dean will be responsible for their perspective school to work as a liaison with the Senior Materials Manager and the academic departments in the ordering, monitoring, and updating of course materials across each school and all teaching locations. The Textbook and Resource Materials Coordinator must demonstrate and possess a high standard of work, organization, prioritization, exercise discretion when handling confidential information, and pay close attention to detail.
The incumbent will assist the Senior Materials Manager and the academic departments with ordering, monitoring, and updating course materials. The incumbent will also be responsible for the following:
- Work with publishers about forthcoming edition changes and/or out of stock textbooks and notify all appropriate stakeholders as soon as material changes are known.
- Maintain updated inventory of all textbooks, OER materials, and other learning resources.
- Liaise with publishers/ vendors on simulation software or external exams to address any changes and communicate with faculty (Full-time and Adjunct) about changes.
- Provide Quality Assurance for learning material links and other workflows prior to term start and ensure a feedback loop for any stakeholders.
- Align course development/ redevelopment efforts between Learning Design and Chairs, both current and future.
- Maintain all Master Syllabi for their school, including accuracy of resources, outcomes, and all Saint Leo and/or school specific processes or policies.
- Order desk copies in advance of class to eliminate the need for last minute purchase of textbooks.
- Support other textbook/ materials efforts through a typical helpdesk/ troubleshooting ticket system, including regular meetings with textbook coordinators, Sr Content Manager, and Bookstore to improve efficiencies and improve collaboration.
- Facilitate regular communication with worldwide center directors and the online director regarding textbook issues and updates.
- Coordinate with the library when needed for resource materials for courses.
- Be available for training and support for students and faculty who are having difficulty with materials acquisition, usage, or licensing in any modality.
- Visit education centers per term to ensure high visibility and connection between each school and non-campus faculty as well as for training and support.
- Add, as appropriate, to any dashboards, trending charts, or other visualizations as created by the Sr Materials Manager, Chairs, Directors, or other stakeholders.
- Provide outstanding customer service to faculty, students, and staff (all stakeholders).
- AA, Bachelor or higher degree in business or closely related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proficiency with supporting an academic office and functions.
- Knowledge of academic processes with 2-3 years of working experience in an education setting.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, annd Ellucian Colleague.
- Knowledge of internet resources.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to identify areas to focus attention and support, generate reports, and troubleshoot issues before they escalate.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Job ID 2017-1642
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo