Registrar Services Assistant
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Enrollment Management and Retention Division - Graduate Enrollment Management, Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships, the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Undergraduate Admissions, Strategic Enrollment Initiatives, International Enrollment, and Enrollment Retention - works to enroll, retain, and graduate an ever more passionate, academically talented and diverse student body. Through the formal unification of our units, we have focused on building an organization that recognizes the distinct roles and expertise of each individual department, while also identifying and leveraging opportunities for collaboration. Most important, our goal is to ensure an outstanding experience for students - prospective and current.
The Office of the Registrar is dedicated to providing the best possible service to all members of the GW community. The office maintains academic records from enrollment through graduation and offers a wide range of services in the areas of classroom scheduling, enrollment verification, registration, requirements tracking, transcripts, and degree conferral. We support the university's mission to promote lifelong learning by administering the various academic policies of the university and providing support to students, faculty, administrators, and alumni.
The Registrar Services Assistant is responsible for the following:
• Processing student enrollment verification requests, loan deferment forms, and many other types of certifications
• Providing telephone customer service and troubleshooting
• Processing transcript requests from current and former students; once we go live with Credentials, Inc. for our transcript services SIS staff will manage the user interface for pre-computer and split records to provide Credentials with the transcript for order fulfillment
• Producing same-day transcripts for students who need them for job and internship interviews; providing the records to investigators performing background and security checks on our alumni
• Provide enrollment & degree information to Development & Alumni Relations, the Law School, and other divisions of the university
• Assisting DegreeMAP with processing of degree requirement petitions and Transfer Credit with transfer evaluations for new admits
• Other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning additional responsibilities that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Registrar's office experience preferred
Experience in higher education preferred.
Excellent attention to detail
Proven customer service skills
Commitment and experience developing a positive and proactive customer service oriented environment.
Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Registration Stream Service and Support Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm, with occasional nights and weekends Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? Yes (Department Specific) Posting Number: S006715 Job Open Date: 10/02/2017 Job Close Date: 10/05/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently employed within Enrollment Management at GW?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter