Technical Support Specialist
User Services provides a central source of support for all Saint Leo University customers and users of information technology resources. User Services is staffed by Technology Support Specialists who provide the first line of technical assistance to our customers. The Technology Support Specialist requires a strong knowledge of incident and request management, software installation, remote and desk-side support and processes related to intake, escalation, documentation, root cause and closure of incidents/requests.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering support calls, analyzing, troubleshooting and maintaining endpoints for University users, providing network, PC, printer, and related technology support.
- Responsible for receiving and creating Help Desk incidents/requests.
- Manage ticket queues and escalate incidents/requests to appropriate technical teams.
- Support university students, staff, and faculty accessing university online classrooms, email, and University portal.
- Provide first level support to university faculty, staff, and students for Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Installs and maintains PC and printer hardware and software, performs routine maintenance and applies vendor updates to software.
- Provides support to remote locations to and escalates as necessary to the appropriate departments, technical resources and/or vendors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of technical support experience required; AA/AS degree in a technical discipline a plus.
- CompTIA A+ or greater vendor specific certification preferred.
- Experience working within the ITIL framework and exposure to ITSM and SDLC methodologies. ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Excellent communication and customer service.
- Enterprise Client/server support experience.
- Installation and maintenance MAC/PC Operating systems and software applications, e.g. Windows 7. 8.x, 10 Microsoft O365, MAC OS 10.x, Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Physical layer troubleshooting of WLAN(802.11x)/LAN, DNS, switches, gateways, TCP/IP v4 & 6.
- General distributed hardware support of peripherals: printers, scanners, webcams, etc.
- Multitasking in a dynamic fast paced high stress environment.
- Adaptation to new and emerging technologies.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1660
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo