Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment
Under the general direction of the Director of Enrollment, the Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment maintains overall responsibility for all activities related to the recruitment of graduate students within their assigned team of Enrollment Counselors. The Associate Director leads the recruitment and interview process, and manages prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration of first term courses and through the first week of courses.
- Lead the training and management of student acquisition efforts for a team of 10-12 Enrollment Counselors. Bring best practices in student acquisition and retention activities from both traditional and online environments.
- Ensure an outstanding enrollment through first term registration experience for undergraduate online students.
- Ensure a smooth transition between Enrollment Counselors and Re-Enrollment Advisors.
- Develop Enrollment Counselors into confident performers, potential leaders, and mentors.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Set prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through first term registration.
- Assist in developing strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data, and create a plan for outreach and follow through that maximizes enrollment potential of qualified students.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community, and integrity.
- Assist in providing clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing strategies for involving alumni and current students in the recruiting and mentoring process.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state, and accreditation requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Proficiency with MS Office and managing databases.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong computer skills in excel and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Effectively communicate with team members and other departments.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to establish rapport with students, faculty, alumni, employers and staff colleagues.
- Proven ability to work with both traditional and non-traditional students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Able to work well with diverse personalities throughout the university.
- Ability to build strategies to assist in new student recruitment.
- Manage team member to ensure university students have a positive experience throughout the enrollment process.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends in addition to regular schedule. One weekly evening is mandatory. Periodic Saturday schedule is mandatory. Schedules subject to change.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1661
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo