Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed or Licensed
Working Title: Clinical Research Intermediate, Non-Licensed or Licensed
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Cancer Center
Posting Date: 09-19-2017
The Cancer Center Office of Clinical Research (CC OCR) is seeking highly motivated individuals to serve as Clinical Research Coordinator Intermediate to support clinical research trials in the developing Multi-disease/Phase I program.
Opportunities for cancer patients to enroll in clinical trials within the Cancer Center are increasing. In order to meet the needs of our patients, the Cancer Center's Office of Clinical Research (CC OCR) is looking for two intermediate-level clinical research coordinators (CRC) to assist with the coordination and management of clinical trials in cancer. This position may serve as a CRC for various oncology study teams; working with principal investigators within the Cancer Center.
The incumbent works with the Principal Investigator, human subjects, IRB, University and the company and/or government sponsor to ensure smooth, accurate progress of clinical trials from the planning stage through trial completion and post-study closure. Duties include budget preparation and support of financial accountability, coordination of subject recruitment and consent, supervision of the scheduling of study procedures and research visits, and collection of study data. Position also collects specimens and monitors subjects, provides quality assurance and regulatory maintenance for studies, and may assist in the reporting of test results.
The Cancer Center plans to hire up to two CRCs. Interested applicants may apply to be considered for either a Licensed or Non-Licensed Clinical Research Intermediate. Title and salary will depend on qualification and experience.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Certification as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) is preferred and is required within one year of eligibility.
To be considered for the Non-licensed position, qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of four years of clinical research experience. Graduate degree may substitute for two years of experience.
To be considered for the Licensed position, qualified applicants must have an Associate's Degree or higher in Nursing and a minimum of four years of clinical research experience. Graduate degree may substitute for two years of experience. Applicant must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia by appointment start date.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated consistent ability to communicate exceptionally in both written and verbal forms.
2. Ability to accurately and consistently document information.
3. Ability to work as a part of a collaborative team, as well as independently, and with attention to detail.
4. Ability to interact with patients, family members, physicians, and ancillary personnel, as well as research committees and outside sponsor personnel, in a professional manner.
5. Considerable knowledge of scientific principles and research methodology; proficient knowledge of medical terminology with the ability to manage large amounts of information.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
7. Ability to manage multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
8. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
9. Ability to sort and compile data.
10. Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices for research.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82790