Air Distribution Systems Technician
Working Title: Air Distribution Systems Technician
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 09-28-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Air Distribution Systems Technician performs cleaning, Regulatory agency inspections and maintenance of documentation, fabrications, modifications, assessments, installations, repairs, and renovations of air distribution equipment and ductwork throughout the Health system. The incumbent keeps customers informed of job status.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Capable of working independently and prioritizing tasks in order to meet the needs of the unit and its customers
2. Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of diverse backgrounds
3. Ability to make decisions regarding customer needs and code and regulatory compliance.
4. Knowledge of air distribution systems and ability to read related plans.
5. Ability to assess, repair, and clean air distribution systems and equipment.
6. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82875