Working Title: Data Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
Posting Date: 09-15-2017
The Center for Diabetes Technology at the University of Virginia is seeking a Data Analyst to provide data management and analysis support. This position assists the Principal Investigators by managing multiple databases and records, conducting data analysis, providing editorial assistance, providing clinical trial assistance which may involve compiling, coding, categorizing and storing data electronically. The incumbent also manages the hardware equipment, monitors the research software program, provides technical support, and collaborates with other team members to further research studies and meet office needs.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in hand by start date. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. At least two years of experience performing data analysis is required, preferably using scientific experimentation and research techniques applicable to the branch of science involved. Experience gained during pursuit of degree may be considered.
This is a restricted position and is contingent upon continued grant funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to resolve problems.
2. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
3. Ability to sort and compile data.
4. Ability to accurately interpret and report findings.
5. Ability to design charts and diagrams.
6. Ability to troubleshoot computer related problems.
7. Ability to develop code or scripts.
8. Ability to self-teach new software and technology.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82762