Program Manager-Environmental Resilience Institute
Working Title: Program Manager-Environmental Resilience Institute
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the VP for Research
Posting Date: 09-07-2017
The University of Virginia is launching a Pan-University Environmental Resilience Institute (ERI) focused on the study of rapid environmental change and the ways in which it contributes to grand challenges impacting economics, security and the human condition. The Research Program Manager serve as a key staff member that will work closely with the leadership team to administer the work of the Institute. They will facilitate and coordinate planning and operational activities in support of the ERI's mission. Duties combine administrative responsibilities, research, and program outreach and promotion. Their work is independent and they will supervise other members of the ERI team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of a specific area of research and mastery of program information with the ability to advise team appropriately in area of expertise.
- Demonstrate ability to plan complex information and provide specialized advice; to manage the activities of the team or program; and to align program with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of research, along with the team mission, vision, and goals.
- Demonstrate experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing, small professional teams.
- Proven ability to advise team on the implementation and modification of technological components of specific area of expertise. Demonstrate ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders; and to oversee team training and access University systems.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82708