Clinical Research Recruitment Specialist
Working Title: Clinical Research Recruitment Specialist
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine
Posting Date: 08-02-2017
The Clinical Research Recruitment Specialist will research, analyze, plan, document, and execute operational activities for ensuring effective, culturally appropriate, compliant recruitment and retention of subjects for clinical research at the University of Virginia. This individual will promote the enrollment of participants in clinical translational research studies by identifying barriers to clinical trial enrollment and creating innovative strategies to reduce those barriers with a focus on minority and underserved populations. This position will collaborate with research teams and community partners to develop recruitment plans for clinical trials and create novel retention plans to support subject participation in research. Community engagement and collaboration are key components of this role. This position also tracks recruitment efforts and provides monthly reporting to THRIV leadership.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors Degree and be proficient in various computer systems including online web-based software, MS Office and Outlook.
Preferred qualifications include one year experience in the healthcare and/or research industry and experience with EPIC and electronic data capture systems.
Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills, professional presentation, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, initiative to create and add value to an organization, the ability to think critically and creatively while adhering to established policies and procedures. The qualified candidate will also be able to explain medical terminology in laypersons terms and handle confidential information appropriately.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0621424.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills
2. Professional presentation
3. Self-starter with initiative to create and add value to organization
4. Independently motivated and capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
5. Ability to think critically and creatively while adhering to established policies and procedures
6. High attention to detail and quality, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
7. Strong time management, assessment, planning, and organizational skills
8. Ability to explain medical terminology in laypersons terms
9. Handles confidential information appropriately
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82442