Working Title: Medical Scribe
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Ophthalmology
Posting Date: 09-27-2017
The Department of Ophthalmology is seeking candidates for the role of Medical Scribe. This position is responsible for providing support to our multiple sub-specialty providers. The scribe works closely with physicians to record clinical visits and to ensure proper documentation and coding. Additionally, the scribe may provide support for clinical research through data entry and documentation.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent. Qualified candidates must have an exceptional attention to detail, efficient and accurate keyboarding skills, the ability to use a computer, as well as excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Efficient and accurate keyboarding skills and the ability to use a computer.
3. Ability to work with exceptional attention to detail.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82856