Unit Administrator 2
Working Title: Unit Administrator 2
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 07-13-2017
The Department of Pediatrics seeks an administrator for its Child Health Research Center. This position leads a team that supports and oversees the department's overall research mission, which includes both pre and post award management. In addition, this position serves as the center administrator, which means that they are responsible for the research operations of the department, including supporting the labs of principal investigators and research staff. This position serves as an expert on policies and compliance in research, communicating with sponsors as needed and serving as the primary contact for internal and external subcontracts and sponsors. They also act as the manager responsible for reporting research trends and issues to department senior leadership, and facilitates the research budget creation and management. This person may perform a range of other duties within the organization, as needed, but is distinguished by their expertise in grants and contracts administration.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree (science field preferred) and have a minimum of 3 years experience in direct research support and should have knowledge of compliance with sponsored programs. Knowledge of laboratory research protocol; laboratory best practices; ability to adhere to research and laboratory budgets; and knowledge of grant cost accounting standards is required. Ability to train others in these areas is essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the Division.
2. Ability to work with a high degree of independence and self-motivation.
3. Knowledge of UVA financial policies and procedures.
4. Proven ability to manage grants.
5. Ability to solve moderately complex accounting and reconciliation issues.
6. Ability to oversee grant proposals and financial transactions.
7. Ability to provide training in financial and grant management.
8. Understand the role of research funding in supporting the University's educational mission and strategic aims.
9. Advanced knowledge of University, state, and federal policies and regulations. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
11. Knowledge of cost accounting standards.
12. Strong decision-making abilities on the best course of action under pressure from financial, administrative, and regulatory standpoints.
13. Diplomacy in resolving administrative and fiscal anomalies.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82285