Clinical Department Administrator
Working Title: Clinical Department Administrator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Posting Date: 09-29-2017
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for the Department Administrator position. This key administrative position reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is responsible for directing and/or managing the day-to-day administrative, financial, clinical, research, and educational operations of the department in support of advancing the department and School of Medicine's missions.
The department administrator functions as the trusted business partner for the department chair and will work collaboratively with department faculty to address operational concerns and resolve issues. In partnership with the chair, the department administrator develops and implements strategic and marketing plans, business plans and other initiatives for the department.
The incumbent will be responsible for aligning the department's financial and administrative policies and procedures and establishing systems to ensure compliance with School of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, University Physicians Group (UPG) and the University of Virginia policies and procedures. The incumbent must keep the department chair informed in regards to changes in practices and policies, maintain effective professional relationships and work cooperatively within the School of Medicine, Health System, UPG and the University.
Qualifications for the position include a Bachelor's degree in business, technology or other related field and at least six years of progressively responsible financial and strategic management experience. Supervisory experience is required. A Master's in Healthcare Administration or equivalent business program and experience working in an academic medical center is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong leadership, decision making, and communication skills.
2. Ability to organize complex information and provide specialized advice.
3. Strong operational management skills that include managing and coordinating multiple priorities and projects across finance, human resources, financial management, information technology and clinical operations.
4. Ability to align program with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
5. Deep knowledge of financial, operational, and administrative policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrated success with problem solving requiring inclusion of other University, Medical Center or UPG staff to reach solution consensus.
7. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders.
8. Ability to advise team appropriately in clinical business operations.
9. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
10. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information relative to business management practices.
11. Proven ability to clearly articulate team mission, vision, and goals.
12. Demonstrated experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing small professional teams.
13. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization primarily in the research, education, and clinical enterprises but extending to all service areas as required.
14. Oversee team training to gain and maintain access onto Health System systems.
15. Ability to exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82891