Senior Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Clinical Trials Office
Posting Date: 10-02-2017
The Clinical Trials Office within the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Associate Dean for Clinical Research as well as the overall Clinical Trials Office.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide direct support to the Associate Dean including managing calendar, drafting correspondence, scheduling meetings, and additional administrative support tasks. In addition to supporting the Associate Dean the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Clinical Trials Office. Beyond the general administrative duties, the Senior Administrative Assistant will perform duties such as ordering supplies, managing access requests, and assisting with invoicing.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent, and at least four years of experience in an administrative support capacity in a professional office. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree may substitute for some of the required experience. Qualified candidates will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and ability to operate independently and as a team in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Additional information about the Clinical Trials Office can be found at https://research.med.virginia.edu/clinicalresearch/research-resources/offices-supporting-clinical-research/clinical-trials-office/
This is a restricted position as defined by UVa HR policy HRM-021.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to carry out basic office support functions
- Professional demeanor and exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to adapt to and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and think critically to solve problems
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team, and values team collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to convey information and ideas clearly and on a timely basis, using the appropriate communication mode
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82902