Research Associate in Nursing
Working Title: Research Associate in Nursing
Position Type: Professional Research Staff
Department: School of Nursing
Posting Date: 06-12-2017
Post Doctoral - Research Associate position available.
The Compassionate Care Initiative at the University of Virginia School of Nursing works to cultivate a resilient and compassionate healthcare workforce through innovative educational and experiential programs. Situated in the School of Nursing, the CCI offers interdisciplinary outreach and partnerships with the School of Medicine, the Darden School of Business, the Center for Global Health, the Department of Drama and the Curry School of Education. This program, unique in its scope and primed for interdisciplinary scholarship, has created a 1-2-year Post-Doctoral Research Associate Position with potential for extension beyond this point. Funding for this position is fully supported by the CCI and is not NIH-funded. The Post-Doctoral Research Associate is designed for an up and coming scholar committed to a research trajectory in the fields of nursing, public health and/or medicine.
This postion offers:
- Opportunities to develop collaboration within programs at the UVA School of Nursing such as the UVA Center for Academic Strategic Partnerships in Interprofessional Research and Education (ASPIRE), the Center for Appreciate Practice and the Eleanor Crowder Bjoring Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry.
- Opportunities to collaborate with the UVA Behavioral Research at Darden (BRAD) Lab, the Mindfulness Center and the Contemplative Sciences Center.
- Mentorship and support for manuscript preparation and publication.
- Guidance in developing and conducting research in the social sciences.
- Encouragement to work with scholars nationally and internationally through scientific meetings and presentations.
- Salary with faculty benefits.
- Development and ongoing management of a database storing findings from various studies ongoing at the health system focusing on topics such as compassionate care, resilience, stress and burnout.
- Collaboration on manuscripts and research support for ongoing studies with PIs.
- Enhancing broad literature reviews on topics such as contemplative practices in healthcare settings, resilience and compassion training.
- Self-guided study and work to seek grant opportunities and leadership in applying for funding from various sources, including NIH.
- Terminal degree (PhD, DrPH, EDD); must be conferred by start date. Must have a focus on the health, behavioral and/or data sciences.
- Strong potential for, or a track record of publication.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and interprofessional skills.
- Excellent data organizational skills.
- Knowledge of innovative mixed research methods.
- Ability to devise and execute literature reviews using formalized and current techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
To apply, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting 0621133; complete a candidate profile; attach a cover letter describing your interests, research, education and practice; your curriculum vitae; and contact information for three references. This posting remains open until filled.
For more information about this position, please contact Tim Cunningham, DrPH, RN, Assistant Director Compassionate Care Initiative (email@example.com). For more information about Post-Doctoral positions, contact the UVA Office of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Affairs at https://postdoc.virginia.edu/ .
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82086