Program Manager - Global Infectious Disease Institute
Working Title: Program Manager - Global Infectious Disease Institute
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of the VP for Research
Posting Date: 09-11-2017
The Global Infectious Diseases Institute at the University of Virginia invites applications for a full-time, staff position with the title Program Manager. The Global Infectious Disease Institute is a new pan-University Institute whose mission is to connect researchers from across Grounds to spark new transdisciplinary research activities on the most pressing and prominent infectious diseases affecting human health worldwide. Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree or PhD in infectious diseases, global health, public policy, or related discipline is preferred. The Program Manager will work closely with the Director to organize and manage the research pursuits of the Institute.
For additional information please contact GlobalIDInstituteSearch@virginia.edu
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education or training in infectious diseases, global health, public policy, or related fields.
- Experience with submitting grant applications to federal agencies and other entities
- Ability to plan complex information and provide specialized advice; to manage the activities of the team or program; and to align program with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of research, along with the team mission, vision, and goals.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Experience with successfully building, leading, motivating, and assessing, professional teams.
- Proven ability to advise team on the implementation and modification of technological components of specific area of expertise. Demonstrate ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders; and to oversee team training and access University systems
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82722