Lab and Research Technician 2
Working Title: Lab and Research Technician 2
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Surgery
Posting Date: 01-23-2017
The Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia is seeking a Lab and Research Technician 2. This position is responsible for performing Elispot assays; preparing reagents and maintaining reagent inventory; maintaining the biogenics database; and managing the supply inventory for the lab.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one year of lab experience, including tissue cultures and other related experiments. Experience as a student may be considered. Cell culture experience is preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must demonstrate ability to follow set policies and procedures and adhere to regulatory guidelines in daily work.
2. Must demonstrate ability to evaluate and apply information and provide increasingly complex advice and information.
3. Must demonstrate knowledge of specific areas of subject matter expertise such as chemistry, biology, cell culture techniques.
4. Must possess basic laboratory skills including pipetting, sterile technique, lab safety, basic equipment operation.
5. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions in order to work independently and as part of a team and provide direct support to leaders as needed.
6. Must be able to assist in training, provide work direction, prepare reports, and keep records.
7. Must possess knowledge of basic computer applications and various database and software programs. Must possess working knowledge of basic lab tests.
8. Must possess basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80960