Working Title: Project Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 09-21-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the initial construction, day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Project Coordinator for Facilities Planning & Construction (FP&C) - Health System Division supports Facilities Management's goal by assisting the project team with management of all design and engineering services, management of all construction services, and procurement for all construction contracts and design/engineering professional services contracts for simple to moderately complex construction work at the University.
The incumbent will be given specific tasks and responsibilities, but also needs to be able to work within a team to proactively identify ways that the incumbent can contribute to the team effort. Incumbent will also have to coordinate with groups outside of FP&C that support the project team. Incumbent needs to have strong organizational abilities and a good understanding of many of the processes involved in major construction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to use computers and associated applications for time tracking and documentation of work.
3. Strong presentation skills and the ability to plan, schedule and lead meetings.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
5. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
6. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
7. Knowledge of the design and construction process on large multi-phased institutional or healthcare facilities.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82817