Research Specialist II
Requisition # 2017-8011
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 2 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has a Research Specialist II position available in the Boulanger Lab. Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day laboratory operations, including lab maintenance and ordering, and conducting basic molecular, cellular and biochemical experiments.
This is a one-year term position with the possibiltiy of renewal based on performance and funding availability.
Along with lab management and conducting experiments, the successful applicant will work with and support graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the lab on various projects investigating mechanisms of neural circuit development and plasticity, with a special emphasis on neural-immune interactions.
- A masters or more advanced degree in biological or medical sciences.
- Previous research experience performing and troubleshooting basic molecular, cellular and biochemical approaches.
- Strong background in biology and previous research experience in neuroscience.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding references.
- Experience with techniques including tissue culture, PCR, gene cloning and expression, protein purification, immunoprecipitation, western blotting, histology, immunolabeling, and confocal microscopy are desirable, but the candidate can be trained in these techniques on the job.
- Skill in electrophysiology (in particular, patch clamp methods) is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and imaging and statistical analysis software preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
One year term position with possibility of renewal, based on satisfactory performance and funding.
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.