Nursing Tutor (Temp PT)
Nursing Tutor (Temp PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Tutoring nursing students to ensure success in the program.
Work location and additional information:
Pay Rate: $35.95/hour
Campus: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
This is a temporary part-time 25 hours/week position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost
The hours are as follow:
Monday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday 4:00 pm -9:00 pm
Wednesday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thursday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am ? 1:00 pm
*hours are flexible
R.N. with current PA Licensure and minimum of two years recent nursing clinical experience; MSN preferred or BSN with 5 year active Educational Plan on file. Understand and support the philosophy of associate degree education. Proficient technical skills including critical care and telemetry competencies. Simulation experience preferred. Must possess skills and ability to operate equipment for educational enhancement such as basic computer, online programs and audio-visual equipment. Must also possess skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
1. Support the goals of the CCAC Associate Degree in Nursing program to help students succeed in the academic aspects of the program.
2. Develop monthly/weekly schedule in coordination with the Department Head and Lab Coordinator. Input scheduled appointment times into Appointment Central with the assistance of the Lab Coordinator.
a. E-mail the Dean's office your schedule for Kronos verification.
b. Notify the Department Head and Lab Coordinator of any changes in scheduled hours in a timely manner.
c. Notify any student that is scheduled of emergency change of tutoring hours.
3. Conduct individual or small group tutorials as assigned in appointment central to supplement a current NUR Nursing course.
4. Provide tutoring services to students for didactic, laboratory and clinical needs of the student. Students are to be directed to the Math Cafe and the English Tutors as appropriate.
5. Maintain a log of tutoring for data collection purposes. The log will be handed in at the end of the semester to the Department Head for data collection.
6. Provide remediation services to students as directed by Course Facilitator and faculty. Document remediation completed on the remediation form, communicate outcome to faculty/student. The student will be responsible for returning the remediation form to the instructor.
7. Evaluate student strengths and weaknesses and design supplemental instruction to address identified deficits.
8. Design and manage alternative learning strategies for students
9. Confer weekly with appropriate nursing faculty, program coordinator, counselors, curriculum department heads, and student services personnel to discuss and make appropriate recommendations concerning students with academic difficulties.
10. Assist the ATI Coordinator with proctoring; Open Lab Tutors with testable skill remediation; or assisting faculty with lab class if there are no scheduled student appointments.
11. Assist the Department Head in ensuring that all required books are in the library and are the most current edition as assigned at the beginning of each semester.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Department Head or Dean of Nursing.
Job Category: Other
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Job Close Date: 10/13/2017
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.