Assistant Professor (Regional & Community Planning)
General Description of Position:
The Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional & Community Planning (LARCP) in the College of Architecture, Planning and Design (APDesign) at Kansas State University is seeking qualified candidates for a Tenure-track Assistant Professor Faculty Position in Regional & Community Planning focused on housing.
Anticipated Start Date:
Information about the Department:
The Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional & Community Planning (LARCP) is located in the College of Architecture, Planning and Design (APDesign) at Kansas State University, a land grant institution. APDesign is an interdisciplinary environmental design college with top-ranked accredited planning and design professional programs situated in the newly constructed Seaton/Regnier Complex, a world-class facility in the heart of campus. The Department offers accredited Masters degrees in Regional & Community Planning and in Landscape Architecture through five-year non-baccalaureate as well as traditional post-baccalaureate tracks. The Department supports the College’s interdisciplinary Ph.D. program in Environmental Design + Planning and offers an online Master of Science in Community Development through the Great Plains IDEA. Please click here for more information about our faculty, vision, national recognition, and the City of Manhattan.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
The Successful Candidate will:
The successful candidate will be focused on housing, with applied expertise in one or more of the following areas: big data, geo-spatial analysis, urban design.
As a member of the LARCP faculty, the successful candidate will:
- Deliver creative, effective teaching in the core curricula and area of expertise
- Engage in significant research, scholarship, and/or creative activities
- Supervise independent graduate research
- Participate in departmental governance
- Participate in university and professional service
- Contribute to an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Planning or a closely allied field or show evidence that a Ph.D. will be completed prior to the start of the appointment
- Qualified for membership on the K-State Graduate Faculty
- Demonstrated evidence of inspired teaching, scholarly productivity, and focus in research
- Ability to help students develop career-ready professional planning skills is essential
- Connections to environmental or international planning
- A degree in Planning
- Relevant professional experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should submit the following:
- Letter of interest with clear statement of teaching capabilities and scholarly/research focus
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of no more than two scholarly publications and/or dissertation chapters completed within the last three years
- Names of three references (including title, relationship to candidate, mailing address, telephone number, and email address)
All application materials must be submitted electronically at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/502238
Questions and inquiries of interest may be made to the Search Committee Chair, Associate Professor Huston Gibson (Phone 785-532-3753, email@example.com).
Questions on uploading application materials may be addressed to Project Coordinator Jody Hodges (785-532-5961, firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the subject line "RCP Faculty Position”.
Screening of Applications Begins:
For best consideration, apply by January 6, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.