Course Manager Human Health and Disease
Course Manager Human Health and Disease
Job Number: 76521
The HHD Course Manager for the Office of Medical Education provides administrative and strategic support to the Human Health & Disease course sequence that is required of all first- and second-year Stanford medical students. In collaboration with the course directors, the Course Manager assists in the development, implementation and organization of the course curriculum and serves as the first point of contact for medical students, faculty and staff. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of the Human Health & Disease course sequence, including all administrative, technical, academic and financial aspects of the course.
- Schedule all classrooms and labs on an annual basis, monitoring and responding to classroom conflicts that arise throughout the academic year.
- Organize and provide resources for quarterly planning meetings. Advises Course Directors of policies and procedures related to achieving project goals and desired outcomes.
- Contribute to the project plan for the entire course sequence.
- Prepare and update the course Canvas page, ensuring accuracy and adherence to key course deadlines.
- Organize the course syllabi in adherence to quarterly deadlines.
- Attend class sessions to ensure that faculty have the necessary support they need and students are where they are supposed to be.
- Maintain up-to-date course schedule, work with the faculty to schedule lectures and communicate this information to the medical students.
- Coordinate with the Evaluation Division the course evaluation and assessment plan and provide support in keeping the assessments on schedule.
- Maintain course resources and content on the Canvas platform for students and faculty to access.
- Recruit faculty for labs and other teaching sessions.
- Coordinate the creation and production of course examinations, and review and correct content for errors. Produce examination reports for faculty.
- Coordinate work of the Teaching Assistants for the courses ensuring that administrative needs are met and TAs are hired and staffed appropriately to support the course.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Medical Education and other key School of Medicine departments in ongoing curriculum development, innovation, implementation and communication.
- Create informational documents for multiple School of Medicine articles (grading policies, units required for graduation, MD academic calendar, etc.).
- Serve as point of contact for all questions and concerns related to the course.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Experience in higher education, specifically related to science and medicine
- Experience in course administration
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
About Stanford UniversityStanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job: Student Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.