Assessment Data Analyst
The Columbia University Libraries invites nominations and applications for the Assessment Data Analyst.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Assessment and Analytics, the Assessment Data Analyst will provide support for and participate in assessment and analytics efforts across Columbia University Libraries; The incumbent will support the collection, verification, maintenance, analysis, and documentation of assessment and analytics data; contribute to an evidence-based approach to achieving strategic initiatives related to library operations and user needs; develop, produce, and disseminate annual and ad hoc reports; promote data transparency and awareness across the Libraries; He/she will coordinate and support colleagues engaged in assessment work. The incumbent will work with staff across the Libraries to employ assessment measures and data analysis tools and methodologies effectively.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data for trends, patterns, and projections, and synthesize data for presentation to the Libraries’ Leadership team to facilitate decision-making, and support operational planning and strategic initiatives.
- Promote data transparency by creating and maintaining a standardized set of dashboards to increase the ability of the Libraries’ staff to access, use, and understand data for decision making. Ensure the accurate and timely availability of assessment reports on the staff intranet and other collaborative document management tools.
- Perform duties in identifying, defining, developing, and implementing appropriate assessment and planning approaches, measures, and techniques.
- Provide support for workflow analysis and process assessment with an aim to improve internal operations.
- Work with various divisions across the library system (Technical Services, Collection Development, Distinctive Collections units, Library Information Technology Office, Research & Learning, Access Services, Financial Services, etc.) to appropriately manage and secure data with an aim to enable data-informed decision-making.
- Assist in identifying and implementing strategies that cultivate and sustain a culture of assessment and evaluation. Activities in support of this responsibility may include designing and providing training programs, acting as a consultant to colleagues on assessment and analysis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required to meet the Libraries and the University goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, or a related field with strong background in statistical analysis.
- Two-three years of experience applying qualitative or quantitative data analysis methods.
- Proficiency in using qualitative and quantitative analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, R, NVivo, etc.
- Experience with dashboard development and data visualization using software such as Tableau, Excel, etc.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to form strong collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
- Must recognize requests that involve confidential concerns and respect the privacy and confidentiality of all library users and library employees.
- Must follow guidelines established by ethical or institutional review boards to maximize benefits and minimize harm to human research subjects.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of survey tools, such as Qualtrics.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience developing and performing training programs for both individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and application of project management skills.
- Competence with a variety of technologies and applications; willingness to explore the use of new technology in support of effectively achieving goals, with a high risk tolerance for failure and iterative improvement.
To learn more and apply: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1506708118171
Columbia University Libraries is one of the top five academic research library systems in North America. The collections include over 13 million volumes, over 160,000 journals and serials, as well as extensive electronic resources, manuscripts, rare books, microforms, maps, and graphic and audio-visual materials. The Libraries employs more than 400 professional and support staff and hosts over 4.7 million visitors each year. The website of the Libraries is the gateway to its services and resources: library.columbia.edu.
As one of the world’s leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries are comprised of a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University’s teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.