Digital Fabrication Lab Tech PT/Part Year
Entry level technician. Perform independent and moderately complex maintenance work including detection and correction of mechanical failures. Perform all general, preventative and supportive maintenance tasks. Assist Technician III level techs and/or Master Craftsperson on emergency and corrective maintenance.
The Digital Fabrication Lab technician supports the operation of six laser cutters, five 3D printers and a vacuum forming machine for the use of students and their projects. It requires knowledge of the operation of large scale (36x48") laser/printers (Epilog and AP Laser) used for cutting student materials, the operation and management of five Stratasys 3D printers and the maintenance of the equipment as required to ensure maximum up time. Mechanical aptitude is required for maintenance disassembly and re-assembly of equipment. Some basic knowledge of AutoCAD in loading files to print would be a plus. The successful candidate should have good interpersonal skills in dealing with students and the technical knowledge to be able to advise students on proper settings (Power / Speed / frequency ) for the materials being used.
29 hours a week/40 weeks of the year- Fall and Spring semester with Summers off.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
High School diploma or GED and 2 years related experience; ability to work in high places necessary; valid state driver's license; subject to pre-employment drug screening; must be able to work dayshift, nightshift or weekend schedules.
- Strong personal skills in dealing with students in order to maintain professional working relationships
- Some basic knowledge of AutoCAD. - Associates or higher degree in a technical or related field.
- Demonstrated technical or hands on abilities in working with higher technology equipment
- Experience with the power, speed and frequency characteristics of laser operations
- Experience with Stratasys 3D printers.
- Experience with vacuum forming equipment and operations
- Experience with 3D file formats for 3D printing.