Custodial Worker III
Under supervision, this position performs general custodial services in and around buildings, replaces light bulbs, removes snow, relocates and sets up furniture and equipment. This position also performs or assists in cleaning services completed by Custodial Worker II.
- Cleans restrooms; fills toilet paper towel holders and disinfects the facilities on a daily basis.
- Cleans and washes all chalkboards, cleans erasers, as well as distributes chalk and erasers.
- Cleans all classrooms; straightens desks, cleans cabinets, and Venetian blinds.
- Cleans all light fixtures and changes light bulbs up to 10ft.
- Cleans all walls, ceilings, doors, and frames.
- Cleans all windows, inside and outside.
- Cleans appliances; washes interior and exterior.
- Cleans drinking fountains; sanitizes daily.
- Cleans telephone booths; wipes entire booth, sweeps, and mops inside and outside.
- Locks and unlocks buildings when required.
- Cleans and maintains floors, including hard surfaced floors, stairs, carpeted floors, stairs and walk-off mats.
- Operates and cleans all custodial equipment.
- Orders and stocks custodial supplies in custodial closets.
- Relocates furniture and prepares setups for University functions.
- Removes and disposes of all litter, waste paper, and other debris throughout the University.
- Sweeps and removes leaves, snow and trash from entrances, steps and walks leading to sidewalk areas.
- Performs set-ups for the University of Denver functions.
- Moves various equipment, supplies, and furniture manually or by use of truck.
- Detailed, but easy to follow procedures.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of custodial work experience.
- Must pass a Pre-Placement Physical.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. The application will require applicants to provide the following employment information: