Custodial Worker II
Enrich the University of Denver's global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
- Stewardship: We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork: We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism: We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU's mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service: We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
- Integrity: We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University's facility related resources.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement: We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
Custodial positions performs general custodial services in and around buildings. The services include but aren't limited to cleaning restrooms & classrooms, snow removal, relocating & setting up furniture & equipment and other duties as assigned.
- One year of custodial work experience.
- Knowledge of all types of custodial equipment and chemicals.
- Knowledge of standardized work routines and the ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of related OSHA and EPA regulations and ability to effectively communicate regulations to others.
Part-time, various shifts available, 20 hours/week.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. The application will require applicants to provide the following employment information:
- Dates of employment for each position held
- Job titles for each position held
- Summary of job duties for each position held
- Name & phone number for supervisors
- Reason for leaving each position held
- Availability to work
- Valid phone number, email address and physical address
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and Pre-Placement Physical.