North Hennepin Community College, a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities, and one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, is accepting applications for the position of Provost (Administrator 9).
The Provost will serve as the Chief Academic and Student Affairs Officer of the college and is expected to provide the educational and administrative leadership to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning, student development, and faculty and staff professional development. The Provost will provide the vision and overall guidance for academic and student affairs, policy formulation, educational planning, and new program development in an integrated academic and student development setting. The Provost will report to the college President and may serve as the CEO’s proxy in the President’s absence.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Six years demonstrated administrative leadership experience in higher education including academic and/or student services administration.
- Five years supervising faculty.
- Experience in college level teaching or student services.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the mission of a community college
- Familiarity with the Higher Learning Commission and experience with accreditation at the institution and program level
- Experience with high level institutional visioning and planning processes
- Experience and understanding of the role of research and data analytics in strategic planning
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of technical college students.
- Evidence of a strong and clear commitment to diversity among faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated success in promoting the values of shared governance and participative management.
- Experience with collective bargaining units and conflict management strategies.
- Demonstrated record of facilitating professional development among faculty and staff.
- Experience with virtual learning, and/or use of technology in pedagogy.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in organizing and administering budgets.
- Experience in strategic planning or participating in joint projects with business or educational organizations.
- Experience with increasing college enrollment, student persistence and student completion rates.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution.
- Eight years demonstrated leadership experience in higher education including academic or student services administration.
North Hennepin Community College serves approximately 10,000 students and located in the urban community of Brooklyn Park, MN which is a northern suburb of Minneapolis. NHCC is one of the most diverse colleges in Minnesota with over 46% of our students coming from communities of color. The college offers many two-year degrees and certificate programs which lead to baccalaureate programs.
Our campus community demonstrates a strong commitment to our mission, engaging students, changing lives. We are focused on creating opportunities for our students to reach their academic goals, succeed in their chosen professions, and to make a difference in the world. To accomplish this mission, North Hennepin strives to hire faculty who are committed to diversity, inclusiveness, trust and integrity – with an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of our students. Furthermore, North Hennepin Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
To apply, visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nhcc/default.cfm
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online applications:
- Cover letter
- Transcripts-Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date, with your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are required.We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports.If selected for hire official original transcripts will be required
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references
Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEOGOV Phone Support at 1-855-524-5627.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources at 763-424-0849.
- North Hennepin Community College: http://www.nhcc.edu
- For additional information regarding other NHCC Career Opportunities visit: http://www.nhcc.edu/careers
- Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators plan which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html