Employment Coordinator, UCLA Human Resources and Payroll Center North (HRPCN)
Under the guidance of the Human Resources and Payroll Center North (HRPCN) Director, the incumbent is responsible for providing guidance to hiring managers serviced by the HRPCN in preparation for job posting and recruitment. Manages external recruitment using non-UCLA recruitment websites. Posts on job specific websites related to targeted applicant pool as necessary. Conducts applicant screening, interviewing and reference checking for key positions. Posts job openings using the campus' PeopleAdmin Applicant Tracking System and assists in the reporting and tracking of recruitment data. Monitors requisitions through the hiring of applicants and closing of job postings. Manages HRPCN employment letter library.
Manages and evolves the New Employee Orientation program for HRPC North clients. Coordinates New Employee Orientation session logistics ensuring smooth operation each session.
Serves as HRPCN representative on employment-related committees.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and ability to manage data.
- Demonstrated, expert-level skill in presenting in front of large, diverse audiences.
- Skill in interviewing to quickly and accurately assess an individual's experience, range of knowledge and skills, and general competitiveness.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to plan with foresight to identify potential problems in the planning process and flexibility to adjust to the fluidity of changes, modifications and obstacles.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings, prepare logistics and organize planning processes.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as dictated by operational needs.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu and search for Requisition 26791. Or, quicklink: http://ucla.in/2xOdzJr
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks’ vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting; and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. One free Extension class per quarter. There also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.