General Summary of Position:
The HR/Payroll Representative ensures an accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll and is responsible for maintaining employee and sponsored guest personnel action forms and processing additional compensation payments. Responds to inquiries regarding employee HR/payroll related questions.
- Process and maintain employee and sponsored guest records.
- Process and validate HR/payroll transactions including process biweekly payroll.
- Provide assistance to employees.
- Other HR/payroll duties.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High school diploma or GED/equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience in HR/payroll or a related field
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to payroll/human resources
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communications and organization skills with a strong focus on customer service required
- Strong ability to balance several priorities from multiple sources required; flexibility and adaptability in dealing with rapidly changing priorities and demands necessary
- Must have strong initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines under pressure while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent follow through on commitments, using sound judgment with the ability to recognize and handle sensitive/confidential information
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of University HR/EOO policies and procedures, and prior experience working within an academic and/or clinical setting desirable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.