Administrative Assistant I - Kennedy College of Sciences
General Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Office of the Dean of the Kennedy College of Sciences and contributes to its overall administrative operational effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential as well as possess excellent time management skills and have the ability to prioritize their work. Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
General Administrative Duties
• Responsible for managing the Dean’s Office reception desk;
• Performs general administrative duties such as word processing, copying, filing, answering phones, faxing, creating and retrieving correspondence, sorting and delivering all incoming mail to the office personnel, as well as organize all outgoing bulk mailings (Dean’s List letters, invitations, etc.);
• Field email, phone and in-person questions from faculty, administrative staff, graduate students, undergraduates, and parents as well as the general public and provide them with relevant information and/or direct them to appropriate campus offices/resources;
• Manage the calendars of the Dean, Associate Deans of the College and manage the appointment calendars of the Advising Center staff;
• Make travel arrangements for the Dean, Associate Deans and visitors to the College;
• Schedule appointments, meetings, and conference calls and organize logistics such as site audio-visual equipment, catering, background material, etc.
• Assist office personnel as needed for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their tasks;
• Assist with the planning, organization, and support of college events/activities such as student centered events, conferences, lectures, etc.;
• Assists in dissemination of information to internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain and order supplies for the Office of the Dean and ensure an excellent appearance of the office.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent plus at least two years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience *
*An Associate’s or higher degree may be substituted for some of the experience.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience working in an academic office environment preferred
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Software (including SiS), HR Direct, Summit, and other Microsoft Office suite of applications preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Classified (MTA Classified/Technical) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.