Assistant Professor, Practice of School Counseling
We seek candidates with a proven record of excellence in clinical work, supervision, teaching, as well as who values our mission of serving the public good and inclusive excellence. The Professor of School Counseling positions will require an innovative and critical thinker who is capable of working within a dynamic environment. Specific responsibilities include: teaching masters courses in counseling psychology, and assist managing the School Counseling concentration.
- Applicants should have an earned doctorate in Counseling Education and Supervision or a closely related field.
- Prior experience in teaching, and leadership.
- Experience as a School Counselor.
- Demonstrated commitment to or experience working with diverse populations.
- Evidence of scholarship or creative activity commensurate with clinical faculty expectations.
- Teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Doctorate from a CACREP accredited program.
To be coordinated directly with hiring manager.
Application review will begin on October 18, 2017. Early submissions are advised. Applications will continue to be reviewed until position is filled.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This appointment will be for one year with the potential for renewal. This position will commence on July 1, 2018 or a negotiated start date. Interested candidates must apply online through https://dujobs.silkroad.com/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. Inquiries about this position may can be made to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Jesse Owen,
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter outlining your fit with the position, as well as your including teaching philosophy and statement expressing a vision for School Counseling training
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Reference: email letters of reference of behalf of the candidate with "CP Search Position #5777" as the email subject.
PLEASE NOTE: the online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.