Acrow Corporation is a privately held company that has been in business for over 65 years. The company is an industry world leader that specializes in the design, manufacture, and supply of modular prefabricated steel bridges for emergency, temporary detour, and permanent applications. Acrow Bridges have been sold to over 50 countries around the globe, all of the States in the USA, and all Provinces of Canada.
Reports to: Vice President Milton Steel Co.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily direction and communication to warehouse staff so that orders are shipped in a timely, efficient manner according to company standards.
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory records.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both main office and external clients.
- Understand all safety procedures. Ensure safe work practices are followed and maintain a safe work environment.
- Create and maintain high quality work environment so employees are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Manage overtime and part time workers hours for maximum efficiency to the company.
- Coordinate and plan warehouse storage and distribution of company products and materials. Maintain a clean organized warehouse and storage yard.
- Coordinate warehouse action plans, schedules and target dates for shipment, and inventory commitments.
- Establish inspection methods of incoming materials. Isolate, sort and organize all damaged or non conforming material for subsequent remuneration from clients and/or suppliers with tracking for eventual repair or destruction of goods once the company is reimbursed.
- Function as principal coordinator between the Parsippany office Operations department and warehouse staff.
- Coordinate domestic trucking with warehouse and clients and provide evaluation of trucking firms.
- Maintain machinery operator safety training certificates on an annual basis.
- Track and schedule all Planned Maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain select Human Resource matters involving warehouse personnel and performance reviews or personnel.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality reports.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Load and unload equipment off trailers and closed containers.
- Shipping and Receiving.
- Other assigned duties.
- High School or GED at a minimum, BS or BA a plus
- Five to Ten years work experience in warehouse distribution or typical material supply and distribution center such as steel warehouse, lumber yard or masonry supply center.
- Personable, strong work ethic and ability to adapt to quickly
changing business environment.
- Writing and verbal communications should be above average.
- Capable of organizing customer project tracking and multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess a sense of urgency
- Sound decision making skills
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to easily learn and navigate software
- Must be able to lift at lest 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- The candidate will work out of the Centralia, WA facility on a daily bases. Visits to the Parsippany office as required.
- Regular work hours are planned as 7:00am to 4:00pm. Extra hours may be required from time to time.
- All work related safety gear will be provided by the company.
Sun, 1 Oct 2017 15:07:42 PDT