Administrative Associate II - Front Desk
Performs both standard and more advanced administrative duties normally under general supervision of Deans/Chairs of depts. Typical duties include performing standard secretarial and/or minor administrative duties, in addition to other specific duties as assigned/required that may include supervision of other support staff, student workers or temporary hires.
The Department of Leadership and Integrative Studies, which houses a B.S. in Integrative Studies, a Leadership Certificate, and Learning Support, seeks an individual with the desire and ability to provide optimal service to KSU students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Our ideal Administrative Associate II will communicate with callers and visitors in a friendly, professional manner, exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, and work well with all levels of management, faculty, and staff.
- Identifying and addressing the needs of KSU students and visitors
- Purchasing office supplies, technology and promotional items using ePro, OwlPay and a p-card
- Website and social media duties
- Supervision of student workers (Hiring/separation, training, scheduling, approval of timecards and completion of forms for student workers)
- Oversight of departmental facilities and equipment (AIM/maintenance requests, service requests, room reservations, room access requests)
- Providing Administrative Support to program directors and the Assistant Chair (Event planning and assistance, preparing technology for meetings, collecting and entering data, keeping calendars, assisting with the development and distribution of marketing materials, and scheduling appointments)
- Providing support to undergraduate and graduate programs
- Scanning, printing, and copying items for faculty
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: High School diploma or GED and 3 years related experience.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing demands
- Team-oriented and willing to cross-train with other staff to provide supplemental support as needed
- Desire and ability to provide optimal service to KSU students, families and faculty
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of management, faculty and staff
- Proactive and effective problem-solving abilities
- Exemplary organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on tasks and assignments, maintaining confidentially as prescribed by departmental, divisional, and university requirements
- Experience working in an academic setting
- Experience using social media
- Skilled in the use of KSU systems including Banner INB, Owl Express, Event Management System (EMS), OwlPay, and ePro