Position Statement: Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the daily activities of the production team to ensure that food products are manufactured safely according to production, food safety and food quality goals.
• Ensure compliance in GMP, Food Safety & Food Quality, SOP's, HACCP, and Human Safety programs through the training, development, performance management and coaching of shift team members.
• Monitor product quality and production operations to meet customer expectations.
• Lead change initiatives through continuous improvement efforts
• Review and report daily achievement of targets for operation review meetings.
• Drive results including production reliability, labor management, materials flow control, reduction of material loss
• Champion safety processes, ergonomic efforts and creating an environment where all team members hold each other accountable for keeping their co-workers safe.
• Actively work to prevent/eliminate hazards that cause injury or illness.
• Communicate clear and concise performance and hold team members accountable for performance results.
• Understands and follows all food and personal safety policies, reporting any safety hazards to supervisor or member of management immediately.
• Knowledgeable about safety practices and adheres to safety policies.
• Attends all required safety meetings. Follows all safety and OSHA regulations at all times.
• Understands and strictly follows all GMP, SOP, SSOP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Quality, Allergen Control and AIB programs and policies.
• Adheres and promotes all food and personal safety policies reporting any safety hazards to Supervisor immediately.
• Complies with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for the position at all times.
• Ensures safe work environment and safe behaviors for self and coworkers.
Provides Work Direction To:
• Skilled and general production labor
Qualifications & Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) Required:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred
• Food manufacturing Experience and working knowledge of SSOP USDA FDA HACCP and GMP
• Demonstrated supervisory skills that develop and inspire others
• Intermediate math and computer skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exceptional organizational skills balancing immediate and long-term priorities
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability
Our passion is food. Bellisio Foods, Inc. is a fast growing, global company with a long history of providing quality, innovative food that meets and exceeds consumers needs. Bellisio Foods makes a strong investment in people who are committed to building dynamic and respected brands. We strive for excellence in all we do.
Sat, 30 Sep 2017 08:56:32 PDT