Mechanical & Energy Engineer - 130340
Is this an internal posting only?
The Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering prepares students to be productive leaders and innovators in a global society. The Department is unique in the Dallas-Fort Worth region and it currently serves students pursuing BS, MS and PhD degree in Mechanical and Energy Engineering.
The Mechanical & Energy Engineering Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the Chair, Office Manager and Faculty in performing a variety of technical duties using standard procedures.
* This position is responsible for varied administrative support for a unit within a department that includes travel, purchasing, special event planning, developing correspondence/informational materials, maintaining calendars/schedules, composing/distributing meeting minutes, and office inventory.
* Responsible for scheduling of classes, ordering textbooks, graduate and undergraduate student needs, scholarships and other items as determined.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting